Before the trip, when I googled Villefranche-sur-Mer, pictures of colorful houses nestled along coastline popped up, it was something like this:
Charming little town with eye-candy houses was enough reason for me to include Villefranche as part of the Itinerary, and it did not disappoint. Here are the little gems we found in Villefranche:
- Citadel of Villefranche-sur-Mer is a fortress built in 1554. Its exhibition rooms are made up of brick caves, and it felt like a mini-adventure to walk around. Plus, it’s free!
- The museum garden is beautiful, and the view from the fortress is stunning!
- The old town is filled with colorful houses, narrow streets, and touristy stores, as promised.
- And of course, the view of town from the beach was simply gorgeous.
Villefranche is a precious small town with little gems waiting to be discovered. You can certainly do a quick tour and see everything in a couple hours. But we enjoyed finding charming corners and spent half a day in this treasure trove.
This is one of my posts from French Rivera, for other posts, please see:
- French Rivera: Relaxing in Nice
- Day trip to Monaco
- The little gems in Villefranche-sur-Mer
- Paris to Athens: Our Whirlwind Itinerary